Dear Valued Patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Our office will be reopening Tuesday, June 2nd.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your previous visits. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that anyone who enters the office wear a face covering or a mask.
- We have hand sanitizer in the entryway that we ask you to use before you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Additionally, to maintain social distancing requirements; NO COMPANIONS are allowed with patients in the office at this time. An exception will be made for one adult guardian for special needs or very young patients.
- We may take your temperature before your appointment.
- We may have you rinse with hydrogen peroxide before treatment.
- You will notice that all staff, including the front office staff, will be wearing masks.
- We are NOT able to offer Nitrous Oxide known as “laughing gas” at this time.
- Staff will also be wearing more extensive protective equipment mandated by the CDC. This extra equipment makes us hot so the air conditioning may be cooler than usual. Please dress accordingly.
We have taken many precautions to greatly reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection to our patients and staff but please be advised, the risk is never zero. We make a good faith effort to provide dental care in a safe and comfortable environment. We require all our patients to acknowledge and accept our Informed Consent Agreement posted in our office as a condition for receiving treatment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (269) 694-2074 or visit our website at www.otsegofamilydentistry.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Michael J. Merda, DDS
Otsego Family Dentistry